Last updated: December 7th 2021
BIOEFFECT UK ltd. operates the bioeffect.com/uk website (the “website”), where you can sign up to our newsletters, shop our products, send us requests/inquiries and browse through various information on our products and the company and read our blog (collectively referred to as the "Service").
When using the Service BIOEFFECT may process your personal data and when doing so the company is acting as a data controller.
Our shop: When you purchase our products we collect necessary information in order for us to be able to service and process your purchase order. That includes information on your purchase request, contact information and shipping address (including phone number). The data is processed based on contractual requirements.
Newsletter sign up: If you sign up for our newsletter we process your contact information for the purpose of communicating with you. The data is processed based on your consent.
Requests/inquiries: When you send us requests or inquiries we process your contact details as well as the information you send us in order for us to respond. The data is processed based on our legitimate interests and as applicable on your consent.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this type of information in order to increase our Service's functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The Help feature on most browsers provide information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie.
If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Service and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Types of Cookies we use
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are essential cookies that let you move around the website and use its features, like accessing secure areas. Without them, services registration and logging in cannot be provided. These cookies don't collect any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
- Performance Cookies: These collect information about how you use a website, for instance, which pages you go to most often, and if you get error messages. They don't collect information that identifies you; all the information is anonymous. It is used only to improve how the website works.
- Functionality Cookies: These remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide personal features. They can remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also provide services you've asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information they collect can be made anonymous. They can't track other websites or apps you visit.
- Targeting Cookies: These deliver adverts or messages relevant to you and your interests. Sometimes targeting cookies are linked to other sites, such as Facebook.
Within these four categorisations of cookie, cookies are sorted as either temporary ('Session' cookies) or more long-term ('Persistent' cookies).
We use a set of cookies to collect information in order to analyse and report website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors with tools such as Google Analytics. This helps us understand how visitors to our website use it and to make recommendations based on browsing history and engagement.
- 'Session' cookies link your actions in one session only. This 'session' starts when the webpage or app is opened and finishes when it is closed. Then the cookie is deleted forever.
- 'Persistent' cookies are where the cookie remains on your phone or computer for a specific period of time. They are activated automatically when you visit a particular website or app.
One other difference between types of cookies is if the cookie is a 'first-party cookie' or a 'third-party' cookie. A first-party cookie is set by the BIOEFFECT website whereas a 'third-party' cookie is set by someone else.
Do Not Track Disclosure
We support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Additional use for analytical purposes
In addition to the above we may use your personal data based on our legitimate interests to:
- Collect information about customers' browsing and buying habits for statistical analysis and to continuously improve the BIOEFFECT website and the products and services offered to our customers.
- Conduct analytics. We will use the personal information we hold about you (as well as pseudonymised or anonymised information generated from your personal information) to carry out analysis and research. We carry out all such analysis and research in order to understand our customers and ensure that our products meet the needs of our customers.
- Manage our business endeavors, such as analysing and managing our businesses, internal management and business planning, market research, review, new product development, to improve our website, to improve service and products, to identify usage, to evaluate the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, to customise the experience of the website and its contents according to your previous use of the pages, and to measure customer satisfaction and provide customer service (including troubleshooting related to issues encountered by customers).
Transfer of data to third parties, including service providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services and/or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use your information for any other purpose. We provide the service providers with only the personal information necessary for them for the above purposes and we conclude an agreement under which they are obliged to keep your information safe and use them for the above purposes only. For example, our Courier Service has selected access to your details for delivery purposes only.
Your personal data may also be transferred within the group, to ORF Genetics hf. (ORF), as ORF provides BIOEFFECT UK with various service, such as sales and marketing support.
In addition, we will disclose your personal information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
Preservation of your personal information
BIOEFFECT tries to maintain your personal information accurately and reliably, and update them as needed. We maintain your personal information for a maximum of 7 years unless you have given our consent to preserve them longer or if necessary to comply with legal requirements.
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
Data transfer outside the European Economic Area
As BIOEFFECT is established in the United Kingdom your data is being processed there.
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located within the European Economic Area and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including personal information, to the United States and process it there. As BIOEFFECT is providing products to individuals inside the European Economic Area BIOEFFECT processes your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
BIOEFFECT’s designated representative
BIOEFFECT’s designated representative in the European Economic Area is ORF Genetics hf. and you may address our representative in addition or instead of us on all issues related to our processing of your personal information.
Links to other sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Service. Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your Children have provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from children under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Your rights regarding our processing
- You have the right to access and, in certain circumstances, to get a copy of the personal data undergoing processing, as well as information about the processing.
- In certain instances you may also have the right to have your personal information erased, or to have us restrict the processing. You also have the right to have your personal information rectified, if the data is wrong or inaccurate. It is therefore important that you keep us informed of changes of your personal information, as applicable.
- You may also have the right to receive your personal information, which you have provided to us in a machine-readable format or the right to have us transmit those data directly to a third party.
- When processing is based on our legitimate interests you can always object to the processing.
- Your rights are however not absolute. Laws or regulations may authorise or oblige us to reject your request of exercising your rights. However, your right to object the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes is unconditional.
If you are unsatisfied with our processing of your personal information you are entitled to submit a complaint to a data protection authority, including the authority in the member states of the European Economic Area where your habitual residence is or your place of work.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
BIOEFFECT UK Ltd.
2 Stephen Street
You can also address our designated representative within the European Economic Area:
ORF Genetics hf.